Sunday 13 February 2011

Whats With The Shakles BioWare ?

There is a story doing the circuit, in and around SWTOR related fan sites atm. Where BW have sent out a number of E-Mails to fan sites that have D/L the TOR fan site kit.

This story seems to have come from TOROZ, if you are unfamiliar with the story, do take the time to head over there and see whats, what.

I hope you took the time to read this article, though I did not get such an E-Mail I'm not sure how I feel about this. Should I be happy not to get it, or a little disappointed not to be considered worthy of being classed as a legit fan site.

Sure web fame is not important to me, but there are a few that come here, so I'm doing something right :)

I like many, see TOR as the best thing that has happened to the MMO world since the days of Ultima Online. And as such we follow every bit of news no matter how small.
Sure not all the info is well received, but the bigger picture is looking good.

But I can not see a good side to taking the few fan sites, that depend on an income, off the official fan site list. I'm sure this blog will never be in a position to get anything close to an exclusive from BW, like many of the bigger sites.
But some sites do depend on the income that comes in, and this little bit of info will hamper there efforts to greater extent, in bringing a high quality service that they now provide.

All this mean little to nothing to this blog, but I do feel sympathy for the other fan sites that this effect's. Lets hope BW come to a happy medium, as this will only hurt the fans and followers of TOR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment